Purpose of collection
Inspect Element (“IE”) may use the personal data collected from you for the following purposes, and your personal data is necessary for the same:
1. Processing and evaluating applications/data submissions;
2. Checking and authenticating identity;
3. Administering and providing services in relation to the IE products you hold;
4. Processing and investigating claims in relation to the IE products you hold;
5. Conducting customer surveys;
6. Researching, designing and/or enhancing IE's products and services;
7. Selecting you to participate in reward, loyalty or privileges program and providing you with related services;
8. Contacting you for the above purposes;
9. Complying with all applicable laws, regulations, regulatory guidance and/or court orders; or obligation or requirement under an agreement, or other commitment, between IE or its associated companies and the regulator or government in any jurisdiction (in relation to money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion or otherwise) to which IE and its associated companies are subject to (of Hong Kong or any other countries);
10.Verifying data, whether or not for the purpose of taking adverse action against you; and
11. Fulfilling other purposes which are directly related to any of the above purposes.
It is voluntary for you to provide the personal data to IE. If you do not provide the requested personal data, IE may not be able to process your application/data submission or continue to provide you with the products or perform the services you require.
Your personal data includes the data relating to you, your dependents, your beneficiaries, your delegates and other persons provided by you (including but not limited to identification information, contact information, biometric data (including facial image and selfie video)). If you provide personal data on behalf of another person, you confirm that you are either his/her parent or guardian or you have obtained that person's consent to provide his/her personal data for use by IE for the purposes set out in this PICS.
Classes of transferees
IE may disclose your personal data to the following transferees for the purposes mentioned above:
1. Third parties who provide services in Hong Kong or elsewhere which assist IE to carry out the above purposes, including, but not limited to, claims investigators, medical advisors, medical service providers, emergency assistance service providers, investment management companies, reinsurers and professional advisors (provided that such contractors are required to keep all such personal data confidential and may only use the personal data to provide those services);
2. Your bank for payment purposes;
3. IE's business partners, service providers and appointed persons of IE;
4. IE's associated companies (as defined in the Companies Ordinance);
5. Hong Kong Federation of Insurers and its members, and other insurance companies and financial services companies;
6. Any person or authority or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside Hong Kong to whom IE is required to disclose under applicable law, regulation, regulatory guidance or court order or obligation or requirement under an agreement, or other commitment, between IE & its associated companies and the regulator or government in any jurisdiction (in relation to money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion or otherwise) that IE and its associated companies are subject to or required to comply with (of Hong Kong or any other countries);
7. Actual or proposed assignees of IE's business and/or assets, or participants or sub-participants of IE's rights in respect of you, to allow them to evaluate the intended assignment, participation or sub-participation, and enable the actual assignees to use your data in the operation of the business or rights assigned;
9. Any authorized persons acting on your behalf, payment recipients, beneficiaries, account nominees, correspondent and agent banks; andResearch companies, rating agencies and other companies engaged by IE to enhance the products and services IE provides to you.
Use of personal data for direct marketing
IE intends to use your personal data for the direct marketing purposes through various communication means such as phone call, mail, email, SMS or any type of electronic message.
IE may not so use your data unless IE has received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection of the intended use). If you object to IE's use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, please tick the box enclosed with each of our information request (e.g., via IE’s website) to indicate your preference. If you do not indicate your preference, then by acknowledging this PICS below you agree that IE may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to change your preference in the future in respect of IE’s use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, please contact IE's Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Retention of data
IE will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes.
Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
Except as mentioned above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by IE's employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a separate server, password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. IE employees and contractors authorised to handle personal data will be instructed to do so for the above mentioned purposes for which personal data are to be used.
Access to and correction of personal data
You have the right to request access to and correction of any of your personal data relating to you in any of IE's records, or ascertain IE’s policies and practices in relation to personal data, by sending a written request to IE's Privacy Officer at 1/F, Queen’s Centre, 58-64 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. IE may charge a reasonable fee for processing such requests.
Amendment of this PICS
IE reserves the right to amend this PICS at any time and without prior notice. If IE changes its personal data policy, IE may update the PICS on IE’s website or through electronic messages. All amendments will be effective immediately upon posting.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM that you have read and understood the Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”). You confirm that you have been advised to read and have carefully read the PICS, and you have carefully considered its effect and impact in respect of your personal data collected or held by Inspect Element (“IE”) (whether contained in this application/data submission or otherwise). Based on the foregoing, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the use and transfer of your personal data by IE in accordance with the PICS, including the use and provision of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.